9. Ron and Hermione are still married.And they remain very loyal to Harry, refusing to comment to the press about anything Potter-related. They also have two children: daughter Rose and son Hugo.
10. Ron quit the Ministry of Magic to co-manage the wizarding joke emporiumTwo years after accepting a job alongside Harry, Ron left to assist his brother George at their very successful Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
11. A Hermione-Harry romance was once on the table(!)This one is interesting given the fact that J.K. Rowling has publicly said she regrets the Ron-Hermoine romance. Rowling said that if she did it all over again, Hermione would have ended up with Harry.
That's why this particular passage in this new story is noteworthy:
Hermione Granger, of course, was always the femme fatale of the group. Press reports of the time revealed that as a teenager she toyed with the young Potter's affections before being seduced away by Viktor Krum, finally settling for Potter's faithful sidekick.
12. Neville is a Hogwarts teacher (and maybe a drunk)Neville is now a popular Herbology teacher at the wizarding school, and he married a girl named Hannah (quite possibly Hannah Abbott, the half-blood witch who was the first in their class to put on the sorting hat. She left school after Lord Voldemort murdered her mother, but she later returned and joined Dumbledore's Army.)
Rita notes that the couple used to live above the Leaky Cauldron and that they "both enjoy a little more Ogden's Old Firewhisky than most of us would expect from custodians of our children."
Then again, you have to take everything Rita writes with a grain of salt.
13. Luna is still very LunaShe married Rolf Scamander, the grandson of Magizoologist (a person who studies magical creatures) Newt. They have twin boys, who apparently stay with Luna's father often.
Luna wore a robe with all 16 countries' flags, which Rita ridiculed in her article. But don't pay attention to her, Luna. You do you.
14. Harry's godson, Teddy Lupin, is a wild childTeddy is the son of the late Remus Lupin and his deceased wife, Nymphadora Tonks. The half-werewolf boy, who is now under Harry's care, has bright blue hair and a hard time keeping still.
15. Teddy is secretly dating a Weasley girlBill Weasley and Fleur Delacour's blonde-haired daughter can't stay away from Teddy. The two apparently sneak off on the regular to have long snog fests.
16. We may get ANOTHER Harry Potter story on July 31Of course we saved the best for last. Reading through Rita Skeeter's column, it's abundantly clear the tabloid writer is opening doors (a Harry-Hermione romance, two shaky marriages and a wild son) for an upcoming book, which she — sure enough — plugs in the last line of her story. She seems to be set on exposing to secret side of Dumbledore's Army:
But let us not be severe. Harry Potter and his cohorts never claimed to be perfect! And for those who want to know exactly how imperfect they are, my new biography: Dumbledore's Army: The Dark Side of the Demob will be available from Flourish and Blotts on July 31.